Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
Yeah but have you seen this
"Every time I get a job, they’re like: ‘Do this now.’
And I’m like: ‘I don’t want to.’
And they’re like: ‘You have to. It’s your job.’
And I’m like: ‘Oh yeah. Shit.’”
|—||Oscar Wilde (via b0wties-are-cool)|
This is how to run a stick of Chapstick
down the black boxes on your scantron
so the grading machine skips the wrong
answers. This is how to honor roll. Hell,
this is how to National Honor Society.
This is being voted “Most Likely to Marry
for Money” or “Talks the Most, Says the
Least” for senior superlatives. This is
stepping around the kids having panic
attacks in the hallway. This is being the
kid having a panic attack in the hallway.
This is making the A with purple moons
stamped under both eyes. We had to try.
This is telling the ACT supervisor you have
ADHD to get extra time. Today, the average
high school student has the same anxiety
levels as the average 1950’s psychiatric
patient. We know the Pythagorean theorem
by heart, but short-circuit when asked
“How are you?” We don’t know. We don’t
know. That wasn’t on the study guide.
We usually know the answer, but rarely
|—||HIGH SCHOOL By Blythe Baird (via blythebrooklyn)|
Here she is in all of her glory: the official cover for my memoir! I promise this book, which is scheduled for release in October of this year, will make you laugh, cry, and think about life from a new perspective. See below for how you can pre-order your copy TODAY! I’m also running a contest to give away some prizes if you reblog this, details below!
You can pre-order your copy of my book right now! I hope you will because my ultimate dream is for this book to be a #1 Bestseller! Grab your copy from any of these places:
I want to give a big thanks to Matt Carr for doing the cover shoot with me. He’s the coolest dude and you should check out his site! http://www.mattcarr.com/
NOW FOR THE CONTEST! I will pick one random reblogger of this post and send to you a box of goodies with the following:
-An autographed Advanced Edition of my book (I get a couple of these to give to people way before the book comes out in October.
-A page from my manuscript
-Some handwritten haikus
-A picture of my cat
-Other fun surprises!
You have until Friday 3/21 to reblog.
Thank you everyone! Let’s see if we can get this on the New York Times Bestsellers List!!!
EEEEEEK! Message me if you preorder so I can send you virtual kisses.